MSRP: $ 279.95
Atlas 10002309 HO Santa Fe DASH 8-40CW Diesel Loco with DCC & Sound #888
DCC/Sound version available with LokSound decoder
• Ditch lights (8-40CW only)
• Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
• Realistic die-cast underframe
• Coupler pocket designed to accept AccuMate® Proto-couplers
• Highly detailed coupler cut bars
• Multiple unit hoses and trainline hoses
• Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all
• Separately-installed scale windshield wipers, metal grab irons and fine scale handrails
• Number boards, sand fill hatch, and marker lights where appropriate by railroad
• Directional lighting
• Painted crew members
• Recommended minimum radius: 22”
• Snowplow and piping on trucks
DCC Operation FEATURES:
• Supports all DCC-programming modes
• Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
• A total of six DCC function outputs are available
• Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
Analog (DC) Operation FEATURES:
• The LokSound Select Dual-Mode decoder allows your Atlas Gold Series locomotive to be
used on DC as well as on DCC layouts.
• Please note that the Atlas Quantum Engineer will NOT operate an Atlas Gold Series locomotive
equipped with a LokSound Select decoder on an analog (DC) layout. However,
the sound and lighting functions of the LokSound Select decoder in the Atlas Gold Series
locomotive can be controlled by an easy-to-use basic DCC system
• Also note that on a DC-powered layout, a DCC and sound equipped locomotive (such as the
Atlas Gold Series locomotives) CANNOT be consisted with another locomotive that does not
also have both DCC and sound. (This statement does NOT apply to DCC-equipped locomotives
operating on a DCC layout.)
Sound Functionality FEATURES:
• Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover
sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
• There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized
• Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are
provided for true realism.
1st Time Offered with ESU Sound!